SAFER OHIO SCHOOL TIP LINE
The Safer Ohio School Tip Line is a safety resource available to the school. Please call or text to 844-SaferOH (844-723-3764) to file an anonymous report.
This tip line allows students and adults to anonymously share information with school officials and law enforcement about threats to student safety, whether that involves a threatened mass incident or harm to a single student.
Things to report to the tip line include (but are not limited to):
- Bullying incidents;
- Withdrawn student behaviors;
- Verbal or written threats observed toward students, faculty or schools;
- Weapon/suspicious devices on or near school grounds;
- Gang related activities;
- Unusual/suspicious behavior of students or staff;
- Self-harm or suicidal sentiments; and
- Any other school safety related concerns.
Every tip can remain anonymous. School safety analysts may ask for additional information, but the caller can remain secret or leave his or her contact information for later follow-up.
If action is needed, the analysts immediately forward information to local school officials, law enforcement agencies and the Ohio School Safety Center (OSSC) for action and follow up.
The OSSC partners with the Ohio Department of Education to follow up with affected school and law enforcement agencies to make sure that the incident is investigated, action is taken and resources and supports are provided when necessary.